PEQ is the peer-reviewed journal of the PEF, established in 1865 as the first scholarly society dedicated to the scientific study of what was then generally known as the Holy Land. In 1869, the Fund through its Palestine Exploration Fund Quarterly Statement aimed to illuminate the Bible for its readers with scholarly information about the land of the Bible. PEQ is the Statement's successor and has greatly widened its original scope.
Despite its title, PEQ is concerned not just with Palestine/the land of Israel, but with the wider region of the Levant - its history, archaeology (including biblical aspects), art, languages, natural and earth ethnology, geography and natural and earth sciences. Its contents include reports of archaeological work (especially that supported by the PEF), studies of pottery and other artefacts, examination and interpretation of archaeological sites, publications and studies of inscriptions, ancient texts, archival material relating to the exploration of the Levant, and reviews of books.
The Palestine Exploration Fund, 2 Hinde Mews, Marylebone Lane, London, W1U 2AA
Tel: +44 (0)20 7935 5379 | Fax: +44 (0)20 7486 7438 | Email: ExecSec@PEF.org.uk
Registered company: 13606 | Registered charity: 212538