The Carta Bible Atlas
By Yohanan Aharoni, Michael Avi-Yohan, Anson F. Rainey and Ze'ev Safrai
This fourth edition of the best-selling Macmillan Bible Atlas brings the latest findings of biblical, historical, and archaeological research to its sweeping cartographic portrayal of biblical history - illustrating in full detail:
- settlements and mass migrations of populations
- skirmishes, battles, and conquests described in the Bible
- economic developments, trade routes, and natural resources
- movements of biblical characters within the Holy Land, its districts and cities
- archaeological excavations in the Holy Land from prehistoric periods, and the Israelite and Second Temple periods
- journeys of the Apostles and the growth of the Church in the first and second centuries AD
Illuminating maps and text are illustrations of statues and likenesses, tools and weapons, coins and artifacts. In addition, there are valuable appendices, a detailed comparative chronology of early civilizations, a key to the maps according to the books of the Bible, and a new index to persons, making this work the most comprehensive Bible atlas available.
Pricing and Publication Details
Price for non-members: £22.00 + postage and packing
Price for PEF members: £17.60 + postage and packing (all profits donated to the PEF).
Details: 224 pages, 271 maps, over 100 illustrations, chronological tables, key to maps according to the books of the Bible, index to place names, index to persons, 2 colors, hardcover.
Publisher: Carta, Jerusalem (4th revised edition), 2002
Dimensions: 23 x 30 cm
The Financial Assistant
Palestine Exploration Fund
2 Hinde Mews
Tel: +44 (0)20 7935 5379
Fax: +44 (0)20 7486 7438
Order Carta Bible Atlas from Amazon